Header

Mr. Robin Redbreast doesn't like this cold weather!!!!

Friday, September 1, 2017

Autumn Colors in the Smoky Mountains 2016

Layers and layers of colors in the Great Smoky Mountains,  October 2016
Welcome to SEPTEMBER,  2017....   I hope that this month and future ones bring our family (especially son Mark) much more JOY...  August was rough for him  (first the death of his wife,  then the hurricane and flooding,  and then the price-gouging he had to endure in order to get his car fixed after the flooding)....  Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.    (You can read more about Debbie's death and our love for her by clicking HERE,   and reading that post plus THIS one).

My pictures today  (header and post picture) were taken in October of 2016  on our trip to see the Autumn Colors  in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park.   I hope that we can see more of this beauty this Fall.... I'm looking forward to the Autumn Colors  (but not raking the leaves)... ha ha

Have an awesome September, my Friends.

Hugs,

15 comments:

George said...

The Smokies are gorgeous in the Fall -- and in every other part of the year!

Ginny Hartzler said...

So gorgeous! Well, Fall is here, so we can do nothing about it except to find reasons to celebrate. For me, it is the beginning of the dark. I like sunlight and summer!

Ann Thompson said...

Beautiful photo. Hard to believe it's September already

Connie said...

Beautiful photos! The leaves on the trees will be changing into all those wonderful colors before we know it.

Fun60 said...

I am looking forward to Autumn as I have decided to cross the pond and drive from Ottawa to Maine in October with my Canadian friend. Looking forward to seeing part of New England in the Fall. Terrific photos Betsy.

The Furry Gnome said...

Feels like fall already here!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful image. I am ready for those gorgeous fall colours as well.

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Oh what beauty, the Smokies! Yes I will remember Mark in my prayers

Linda said...

I'm sorry to hear that Mark had to endure further troubles. I know he appreciates your steady love for him in this difficult time.

Jeevan said...

Yes, I too saw many cars washed in the flood and sorry to know your son’s one was… Hope your son feeling better and somehow comfort following the tragedies.
Lovely layers of colourful mountains… Wish it was wonderful month for all

A Colorful World said...

One of my favorite places on earth...especially in the fall! Lovely shot. Will continue to pray for Mark.

Arkansas Patti said...

It is so hard to comprehend the kindness and giving nature of most people during a disaster and then to realize some people take it as an opportunity to rip people off. Sickening. I hope he reported it.

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

Yes Betsy I pray this month will be a better one for your family. I was very worried about Harvey and had hoped your son left the area for drier ground for a but. What a tough time at the moment. I have been sending lots of good vives you way. I have felt your loss and am wishing you lots of HUGS . You are a dear blogging friend . Thank you for that.

Andrea said...

I am very sorry Betsy and George for what happened to your daughter in-law Debbie. Life is sometimes like that, but we of course go on! At any rate, i always associate you with amazing, spectacular shots of autumn with ranges of mountains teeming with colors. And of course, i also always remember the two of you fondly for the always uniform shirts while travelling, hahaha! Regards also to George...fondly, Andrea

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Your fall photos of the Smoky Mountains are awesome. I sure hope we have another awesome fall, but we really need rain now. It's really getting dry here in the mountains. I hope that doesn't affect the foliage and colors.